Wednesday, June 5, 2019

2019 ALC Day 4 Paso Robles to Santa Maria

Today, we cycled from Paso Robles to Santa Maria for 88.6 miles. Some of us were dressed in white tutus and red ribbons in memory of Edna Flores Lagunte. Sorry, but I left my bike computer on the bike, so other stats and the route video will be posted later.

Edna had worn a tutu daily and in 2014, Richard, her husband, asked as many of us to wear her signature tutu in her memory.

This year, Day 4 was tiring because I had gotten a flat about a mile before the half way point. Lucky for me the wonderful Bill Ray came to the rescue to hold a thumbs up sign to let others cycling by that all was okay and so I could concentrate on fixing the tire AND he could finish putting it back on the bike. I did learn that I’m very slow at changing tires. After that, I stopped to help a cyclist try to unwrap a twisted chain. Who shows up? Billy Ray. So he helps and I put my thumb up.

By the time I got up to the half way point where Justin and I had planned to take a picture together, he had already left and I was determined to get on with the ride. Between Rest Stop 2 and lunch, I ended up helping two more riders with flat tires. I was anxious to be cycling and meeting up with friends, but this is the ALC love bubble.

So what was memorable about today? Ending the ride with a group of friends getting into camp at the same time, even Justin who had passed me up after Rest Stop 3.

And with that, we end Day 4.



#aidslifecycle #PositivePedalers #EndingStigma will #RideLoveLive until HIV/AIDS is a thing of the past #givingbacktothecommunity #cyclinglife #volunteer #sanfranciscoaidsfoundation #losangeleslgbtcenter

No comments:

Post a Comment